The project relates to the construction of a new multi-purpose high school for 1000 students, as well as six staff housing units, with the possibility that a 60-bed dormitory will be built later. The school opened on September 1, 2020. Its built area covers about 12,400 m² set on 2.5 hectares. It features open spaces, such as the multipurpose room and dining facilities.
Why Distech Controls technology?
The specifications for this new establishment include the implementation of an open and adaptable solution. The full BACnet/IP B-BC solution, from the equipment rooms to Distech Controls’ terminal equipment, caught the attention of everyone involved.
What’s more, the installation of onboard web imagery in each controller via the ENVYSION web interface proved to be a winning factor.
In addition, the eu.bac (CSTB) certification on the connected ECLYPSE controllers for terminal units (ECY-PTU) provides peace of mind and proved to be a genuine advantage over the competition. This certification contributes to meeting current thermal regulations and ensures that the entire control loop (sensor, PID control, and motorized valve) satisfies energy-saving goals.
To top it off—though not specifically requested—the client was also aware of the PEP eco-passport established on products in the ECLYPSE range.
Distech Controls Solutions Installed:
- 103 connected ECLYPSE controllers for ECY-PTU terminal units
- 7 connected modular ECY-S1000 ECLYPSE controllers
- 1 connected ECY-303 ECLYPSE controller for HVAC equipment
- ENVYSION - Web interface for graphic design and visualization
- Niagara monitoring software
- Integrator: Asterm
- Fitter: Hervé Thermique
- Project management: AIA Ingénierie
- Real-estate developer and investor: Pays de la Loire region