The Taronga Institute of Science and Learning is a world-class facility where its teams can advance scientific investigation and deliver proven outcomes to enhance wildlife knowledge. The wildlife retreat at Taronga is a 5-star resort that has been designed with environmental sustainability at the forefront, offering an eco-friendly, rewarding guest experience. The Wildlife Retreat has been designed to significantly reduce the building’s carbon footprint on the environment.
The Distech Controls solution was chosen as an extension of the previously installed Controlworks Distech Controls solution in the Zoos Taronga Institute of Science & Technology (TISL) building. The existing EC-Net4 server was leveraged to create a “Zoo Wide” BMCS system.
ControlWorks worked with Vent Mechanical to engineer and install a building automation system using Distech Controls EC-Net4. The Building Automation System can report in real-time the temperature conditions in each of the retreat's luxury accommodation suites, conference center, and office spaces in the Learning area. Taronga Zoo staff can then access the system through connected systems to monitor and change as desired.
The benefits of the Distech Building Automation System:
- The ease of use of being able to program, manage and monitor your building automation system using a Web browser
- Monitor, acknowledge, and review alarms with sophisticated alarm processing and routing, including e-mail and paging
- Provides global functions such as network control, monitoring, alarming, database and log management, and audit trails for all building functions
- Manage multi-site or campuses with one system
- Leverage real-time business intelligence through connectivity with enterprise applications such as accounting, tenant billing, and energy management and utility monitoring interfaces
Solutions installed in the building:
- CDIY-S1000-00 2
- CDIY-8DOR-00 2
- CDIY-303_SI 27
- CDIY-8UI6O-00 10
- CDIY-16DI-00 1
- CDIDI-BOS8WWIFI 2
- PDITE-SENSORX0 32
- EC-Net4 server software license 1
- Owner: NSW State Government
- System Integrator: ControlWorks
- Design Engineer: Donnelly Simpson Cleary
- Architect: Cox Richardson
- Mechanical Contractor: Vent Mechanical
- Builder: Taylor Constructions