Acuity Brands is committed to providing products that meet requirements for U.S. government procurement projects. We have streamlined the process to identify products for the most common procurement regulations and implemented changes to avoid misinterpretations with other regulatory requirements, such as customs country of origin. The updated product identifications and procedures will minimize your time to validate products for projects with Buy America/Buy American requirements.
Below are some exciting updates to highlight:
- There is a new Buy America(n) landing page on acuitybrands.com. This new page includes resources to guide you in the selection of products that meet U.S. government procurement requirements. Click here to check it out! Buy America(n) | Acuity Brands.
- Many Acuity products are manufactured in the U.S. without any ordering modification.
- When a project contract exceeds trade agreement thresholds, most Acuity Brands products can be supplied and treated the same as a domestic U.S. product for purposes of applying U.S. procurement laws. This ensures supplying products with the most competitive pricing and shortest lead time.
- When the project requires a product that is typically manufactured in a foreign country, the BAA ordering option will designate that the product will be manufactured in the U.S. to comply with most federal domestic procurement regulations.
- For more detailed information, visit the new landing page.
- Spec sheets and other marketing collateral will continue to be updated referencing BAA and the BAA ordering option where applicable.
- Additional resources such as educational training modules are coming soon - so be on the look out to learn more!