In Nantes, the slipway of the former Electric Factory has been transformed into an economic hub dedicated to the maritime and nautical industries. With a surface area of 6,000 m², the Le Brick building is home to innovative companies in a hybrid space combining workshops, office space and places to meet and relax. The raison d'être of this building is also energy efficiency: its architecture favours energy savings (glazing, solar protection, radiant panels, etc.), and thermal comfort is a major focus.
Why the Distech Controls solution?
The specifications for this new facility included the implementation of an open and scalable solution. The full BACnet/IP ECLYPSE level B-BC solution from the technical rooms to the terminal equipment from Distech Controls was therefore chosen by all the parties involved.
In addition, the implementation of embedded web imaging in each controller through the ENVYSION web interface was an important consideration.
In addition, the eu.bac (CSTB) certification on ECLYPSE connected controllers for terminal units (ECY-PTU) is a guarantee of confidence and has been a real plus in the face of competition. This certification contributes to the respect of the current thermal regulations, and ensures that the whole control loop (sensor, PID control and motorised valve) responds favourably to energy savings.
In addition, although not requested, the client was responsive to the provision of PEP-ecopassport certificates issued on the ECLYPSE product range.
List of installed solutions:
- 139 ECLYPSE connected controllers for terminal units - ECY-PTU-208
- 139 communicating sensors - Allure-EC-Smart-Comfort-SO
- 2 ECLYPSE - ECY-S1000 modular connected controllers
- 1 multi-protocol web controller - EC-BOS-8
- Web-based design and visualisation interface - ENVYSION
- Monitoring software - EC-Net 4
- Integrator: Sysmotic Centre Atlantique
- Installer: Cégélec Clim Ouest
- Design office: AIA Life Designers