The Canopy is a 44,000 m² office building in the European business district of La Défense, along the Seine. This 15-storey building was renovated between 2018 and 2019.
Why Distech Controls technology?
The main challenge in this renovation project was to manage reversible ceilings, lighting and sun blinds for a building that would host multiple companies in coworking spaces. The Distech Controls solution was chosen to enable flexible BACnet/IP multi-functional comfort management.
In fact, with the Distech Controls solution, you can manage your:
- HVAC: management of two 6-way valves with one ECLYPSE connected controller for terminal units (ECY-PTU-208)
- Lighting: management of ballasts under the DALI protocol using ECx-Light-4DALI expansion modules
- Sun blinds: management of the blinds’ motors (24 V control) using the ECx-Blind-4LV expansion modules
The ECLYPSE range was an attractive option for the end client because of its openness and RESTful API communication, which enabled a mobile app to be created with services linked to the building. This app allows occupants to control their comfort from their smartphones.
What’s more, Distech Controls’ Space Dynamix solution provides simple, dynamic and graphical repartitioning for the facility manager. Since this building hosts multiple companies working together in different spaces, it was important to offer a simple and flexible solution so that the facility manager could conveniently adapt spaces to incorporate new tenants into the coworking area.
Solutions fitted in the building:
- 1200 connected ECLYPSE controllers for ECY-PTU-208 terminal units
- 1800 ECx-Light-4DALI lighting expansion modules
- 1000 ECx-Blind-4LV blind expansion modules
- 1800 EC-Multi-Sensor-ML multi-sensors
- 100 EC-Remote-I remote controls for occupants
- EC-Net 4 online building management platform
- Space Dynamix repartitioning software
- Fitting out: Eiffage Energie
- General contractor: Petit
- Project management: Thor Ingénierie
- Project owner: SNC Doumer Propco
- Real-estate developer: Fulton