La Calinésie is the Aquatics Center for the Greater Libourne area in the Gironde region of France. The 30,000-m² complex opened in the spring of 2021 and sits on the shores of the lac des Dagueys.
Why Distech Controls technology?
The Aquatics Center was built over 3 years and aims to limit water and electricity consumption by drawing on the circular economy. It was for this reason that they chose a Distech Controls system.
We used ECLYPSE connected controllers to regulate the water and air temperatures in the pool areas and the room temperature in the hallways in real time in a bid to have a more responsible attitude to consumption. As well as this, the EC-Net 4 Supervisor software gives a precise overview of how the building is being used so that action can be taken swiftly in the event of even the slightest malfunction. The site manager also gets great flexibility over adapting the system’s infrastructure from the ENVYSION web interface and its various connected screens.
The Distech Controls system guarantees the client smooth-running facilities and exact setting adjustments on their operations. That’s why we put together this system. And the results speak for themselves – the Aquatics Center’s thermal energy operating costs have been more than halved!
The watchword on this project was always the circular economy. The Distech Controls system is particularly relevant to this as it is both open and scalable. This means that our solution will actually grow in compatibility with any future renovation or expansion.
Appendix: Some examples of environmentally friendly practices at the Aquatic Center
- Using the water from the lac des Dagueys next to the Aquatic Center to fill the pools
- Using an absorption heat pump for biomass heating
- Harnessing the heat from the gray water from the showers
Solutions fitted in the building:
- 12 connected modular ECY-S1000 ECLYPSE controllers
- 2 HORYZON C-10 multi-touch capacitive display screens with IP connectivity
- 1 BACnet MS/TP – ECB-253 controller
- 4 ECx-Display touchscreen displays
- EC-Net 4 Supervisor software
- Web interface for graphic design and visualization – ENVYSION
- Fitting out: Bobion & Joanin
- Project management: Soja Ingénierie
- Project owner: Communauté d’Agglomération du Libournais