Innovative Lighting Solutions from Acuity Brands Receive 12 Awards from Illuminating Engineering Society, Architectural SSL Magazine
ATLANTA (August 16, 2018) – Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) announced today that its lighting solutions have received a total of 12 awards from the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and Architectural SSL magazine.
Eight Acuity Brands lighting solutions were selected for the 2018 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Report, which showcases the year's most significant developments in the art and science of lighting. Selections were made by an impartial committee that evaluated submissions based on uniqueness, innovation and significance to the lighting industry.
2018 IES Progress Report winners include:
- Indy™ L-Series 4” LED Low Profile luminaires – shallow, low-profile downlights with a high efficacy and lumen output.
- TunnelPass™ luminaire from Holophane® – one of the highest efficacy tunnel lights with 20KV 10 KVA surge protection.
- EVO® 4” and 6” Tunable White downlights and wallwashers from Gotham® –tunable white downlights that can achieve 3,000 delivered lumens from a 4” aperture and 5,000 delivered lumens from a 6” aperture.
- Peerless Venue™ luminaires – feature one of the highest lumen outputs in a large-scale architectural suspended luminaire.
- Juno FlexConnect™ with micrOptix™ luminaire – an integrated lighting fixture that includes miniaturized optical components and can be cut and reconnected in the field while retaining its IP67 wet location rating.
- Aculux® 3” Precision Recessed LED luminaires – a 3” aperture recessed adjustable downlight that delivers light output of up to 3,000 lumens and 31,000 center beam candle power.
- LEDcode Atrius™-Ready Radio and Driver from eldoLED® – wireless light level control, Bluetooth® low-energy (BLE) wireless beaconing and visible light communication from one digitally integrated BLE radio and LED driver package.
- IOTA® PoE-CP12 Power-over-Ethernet Emergency LED Driver – delivers 12W constant power emergency illumination to POE/IoT enabled luminaires.
Additionally, four Acuity Brands lighting solutions were selected as 2018 Product Innovation Award (PIA) winners by Architectural SSL magazine. These awards, representing a peer-recognized selection of quality LED products, identify and honor the market’s best LED and solid-state luminaires and fixtures.
PIA winners include the Indy L Series 4” LED low profile luminaire and the Juno FlexConnect™ with micrOptix™ luminaire, as well as:
- EVO 6” High Lumen Downlight & Wallwasher from Gotham – high performance LED recessed luminaire that blends quality of light with solid-state illumination.
- MYO LED Recessed Multiples from Gotham – recessed LED luminaires with performance and configurability that enable up to three layers of light from one luminaire.
"We are honored to be recognized by industry experts and peers with 12 prestigious awards for our lighting products," said Acuity Brands Lighting Senior Vice President Sarah Golish. "The significance and number of awards underscores why Acuity Brands is the leading lighting solutions company in North America and reflects our ability to continuously innovate and provide customized solutions for a variety of applications.”
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is the North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting and building management solutions. With fiscal year 2017 net sales of $3.5 billion, Acuity Brands currently employs over 12,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. The Company's products and solutions are sold under various brands, including Lithonia Lighting®, Holophane®, Peerless®, Gotham®, Mark Architectural Lighting(TM), Winona® Lighting, Juno®, Indy(TM), Aculux®, Healthcare Lighting®, Hydrel®, American Electric Lighting®, Antique Street Lamps(TM), Sunoptics®, Distech Controls®, nLight®, ROAM®, Sensor Switch®, Power Sentry®, IOTA®, Atrius(TM) and Lucid®. Visit us at www.acuitybrands.com.